- Covers key aspects of ophthalmology
- Features high-quality, interactive content, with video clips and animations
- Suitable for trainees and fully qualified practitioners around the world
Covers key aspects of ophthalmology
Features high-quality, interactive content, with video clips and animations
Suitable for trainees and fully qualified practitioners around the world
- Course Duration 12 Months
- Next Batch Date2nd Oct 2023
The ophthalmology branch of medicine deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the disease conditions of the eye and the visual system, along with microsurgery. Eye health services are gaining attention due to the higher incidence of age-related eye diseases like macular degeneration. A well-trained ophthalmologist helps in successful treatment by early diagnosis and efficient management of eye diseases.
Eye-site supports learning through materials in the ophthalmology curriculum developed by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists and Health Education England e-Learning for healthcare. The material supports individual learning, locally and nationally delivered practical courses through blended learning tailored to suit individuals via learning pathways.
Key components of Eye-site include:
- Versatile training tools for general reference, exam preparation, pre-course learning, or continuing professional development.
- Available online – Study at your own pace at home, workplace, or on the move.
- A range of interactive features like video clips, animations, and self-assessment questions to aid in embed learning and understanding.
Eye-site will lead to more knowledgeable, higher quality Ophthalmologists.
What will you learn?
The course has a structured format with multiple interactive sessions and includes the following sections covering the key aspects of Ophthalmology.
- Microsurgical Skills
- Community Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Cornea-emergencies and Surgery
- Strabismus Surgery
- Acute Presentations
- Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK)
- Intermediate Phacoemulsification
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Ophthalmic Public Health
Eligibility: Trainee Ophthalmologists, their trainers and supervisors, and the broader community of caring for people with eyesight problems are eligible for the course.
Course Validity: 13 Months. There will be an extra charge for the extension of the course validity.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a course completion certificate from eIntegrity.
- Course Duration 12 Months
- Next Batch Date2nd Oct 2023
What our students say about us
- General Physicians, Specialists, and Interns
How can I enroll in the Medvarsity courses?
- You can enroll in the course by clicking on the ‘Buy Now’ option available on the course page that you want to opt for.
I am not a registered medical professional can I still sign up for a course?
- To sign up and access a course, you need to be a registered healthcare professional and must upload your certificate or valid license copy in our portal before you sign up for any course.
Can I purchase a Medvarsity course even if I do not have USD currency?
- Yes, absolutely! Although the currency format you are looking for is not available on the website, your bank will automatically convert the price to your currency (at the current exchange rate) and the same will be charged. Both USD and AED currency formats are available on the website.
How to access the course material online?
- To access the course, click on https://kite.medvarsity.com using the login ID and password provided to you, or click on “LOG IN USING YOUR ACCOUNT ON Google” and enter your Email ID: Gmail ID (Only if Gmail ID is mentioned in the Application) & Password. In case you don’t have access to your log-in ID and password, write to us at [email protected] & quote your registered email ID.
Can I download the videos to study offline?
- Our videos cannot be downloaded as they are available online only. You can access the videos at any time within the course duration.
Are there any onsite or offline classes?
- The entire course content is delivered through the kite.medvarsity.ae in the form of videos and written text format. No onsite or offline classes are being conducted by Medvarsity.
Can I stop a module midway through and finish it later?
- Yes. Once you begin a module, it will be updated in your Medvarsity portfolio, wherein you can continue and complete modules at your own pace. However, you should complete it during the course duration time.
Are the courses available in other languages?
- All the Medvarsity courses are written and presented in English only.
What is the course duration?
- The course duration consists of 12 months.
How can I get my course duration extended?
- To get an extension of the course you have taken up, please drop us a mail at [email protected]. You can get a 30 days extension of the course duration and you would be charged 10% of the course fee as course extension charges.
How are the course assessments made and in what form?
- The assessment is conducted at multiple intervals as the course progresses. Each chapter ends with a multiple-choice quiz. Learners must answer at least 60% of the questions correctly in all to pass.
What if I am not able to clear the final test at each level in the first attempt?
- You will be given three attempts to clear the tests. If you are not able to clear the final test for the level in three attempts, you will have to pay re-activation fees. Write to us at [email protected]
Can I repeat a quiz if I fail on the first attempt?
- Yes!! We provide 3 attempts to attend the quiz.
What if I feel that a question is wrongly framed or an answer is wrongly marked in the online exams?
- If you feel that something is wrongly mentioned, you can write at [email protected], to direct it to the academics team.
What certification will I get at the end of the course?
- After completing the course content and assessments with a minimum score of 60% in each module, you will receive a certificate in Ophthalmology (Eye-Sight) which includes your name, course name, and the date of completion, which will be generated in your account. No salutations will be added to the name.
When will I get my certificate?
- Once you successfully pass each level, your e-Certificate will be generated in the learning management system.
Do we get a hard copy of the certificate?
- The certificate is available online and can be downloaded for printing a hard copy.
What happens if I lose my certificate?
- Certificate can be downloaded anytime from your account. However, if our team has valid information with proof of completion, then we can provide the certificate.
What if I have any concerns regarding the program delivery or what if I have any suggestions to improve the quality of the course?
- For any feedback regarding the course, please write to us at [email protected]